Open an FIGFCU checking account
If you already have an FIGFCU checking account, proceed to Step 2
- Browse our checking accounts to find the one that’s best for you
- Open your new checking account by
Stop using your old checking account
- Keep your old checking account open with sufficient funds to cover any outstanding checks or debits, minimum balance requirements, or other monthly fees until you have completely swtiched
- Destroy any blank checks, deposit slips, and ATM/debit cards from your old checking account. This will keep you from confusing the two accounts and help protect you from identity theft.
Change your Direct Deposit or Folio Direct Deposit to FIGFCU
Change your automatic payments
- Create a list of automatic withdrawals from, and payments to, your old checking account
- Change automatic withdrawals from, and payments to, your old checking account to your FIGFCU checking account
- Contact any company that directly withdraws from, or pays into, your account and provide them with your new account information.
- If they require a request in writing, use our Automatic Withdrawal/Payment Change Request Form
- If they require their own form, and you need help filling it out, give us a call or visit your local FIGFCU branch.
- If you use Bill Pay services, you will need to enroll in PC-TIED online banking to set up your new bill payment information. After setting up your new bill payments, cancel your current bill payment service for your old checking account.
Close your old checking account
- Wait until all of your outstanding items have cleared your old checking account before closing it
- Call your old checking account's financial institution and ask them to close the account. Use our Close Account Request Form if necessary.
- Have the financial institution send the funds to FIGFCU for deposit to your new checking account
You're done! Now you can sit back and enjoy the benefits of FIGFCU checking!
Questions? Contact your local FIGFCU branch or call us at 800.877.2345 for assistance.